I made this recipe for the first time when we were camping last weekend. They were really good, but I wasn’t 100% satisfied with them. I’m going to make some changes & see if I can make them better. If I can tweak them & make something better, I’ll add the changes I made to the bottom of this page, or possibly make a new post, but I’ll add a link to this page if I do.
- 5- 15 oz. cans of beans (Use whatever kind of beans you prefer. I used a can each of black beans, pinto beans, dark red kidney beans, great northern beans, & red beans.
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 Med. onion chopped
- ½ Cup of BBQ sauce
- ½ cup of molasses
- ¼ cup of mustard
- 1 lb. bacon (cut the strips into pieces)
- Throw all of your ingredients into your dutch oven
- Put it on the fire – but not a lot of heat. Around 300-325 degrees.
- Let it cook slowly.
- Stir them occasionally, and don’t burn them!
- Cook for an hour.